Monday, December 27, 2010

Curl your hair with a straightener: Conair You Style Review

Who knew you could Curl your hair with your straightener, seems like an oxymoron but it's true. You can do it with most straighteners. I tested with mine last night and was very pleasantly surprised. It made s nice big curl, I think it will take time to perfect it.
You start a little away from your roots and turn the straightener 180 degrees and go down your hair. The slower you go down your hair the tighter the curl.

Today I went to one of my favorite places Target and bought the Conair You Style $39.99) it has flat plates for straightening if you want to do and plates on the sides for you to curl your hair too. I think this is going to easier since it's made to curl too.


Search Amazon.com for hair straightener
Search Amazon.com for hair accessories

If you are like me, using an actual curling iron isn't one of my strengths and honestly scares me a little. I always manage to get some really good curls the way I walnut and then others look awful and of course burning myself of my hair. The Conair seems much easier and less scary.

One point that I should make is that we all know to use heat protector on our hair before using anything liken heat dryer or curler/straightener. But doing this to your hair you want to make sure you really protect it. If you have a spray that you use I would even mist it over each section you curl or spray on your hands and then put some on your hair if you won't want to put too much product in your hair ( or if you are like me and have thinner hair)

So have fun trying something new with your hair that doesn't take too much to do.

Let me know if you try it and what you think.

Happy hair day!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. I just started curling my hair ( after my hair dresser) showed me how to do it. It seems so weird to do that, but I love it now.
    Love your blog

    ReplyDelete