Monday, April 19, 2010

No Mom Jeans For This Chick

Women all around the world fight the urge everyday to not give into the "mom jean" and I am no different, just because you have a baby doesn't mean you lose your sense of fashion!

When I first had Liam, I told myself that I would look before then before I even got pregnant and I stuck to that. It came at a perfect time that my best friend said that we should train and run for a marathon in San Fran. Not only did I think it was a great idea, I thought it was a great cause and knew the person in my heart that would have been so proud. I got up to running 10 miles with basically no running and I was running everyday. I was really enjoying it and always in a great mood after a ran. I hit my "runners block" around 6 miles and could go forever...something I never thought I would say. When it was time for me to go back to work full time, running kind of took a back seat.. it was either run at 4 am before Liam got and I had to get ready for my 9 hour day or run at &pm ands miss that time with Liam...of course the choice was easy..I wanted to spend that time with him. I will tell you now I think the worst hours of the day are between 4 am and 5:45 am..so there was no way I was going to get up...sorry...I am a morning person but thats just insane! Now that I am home again I started this every morning, I am not at the same point that I was by any means Instead of running the whole thing, I am more a run/walk kind of person...okay okay, more on the walking side, but no worries that will change, you just wait and see!!

One of the many gifts spoiled me with was a Baby Trend Jogging Stroller.. best thing ever!! While I do all the work Liam just to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride...seems fair right? For those moms out there or the moms-to-be, I vote that you get one of those!! It just makes you want to exercise!

Now that I am into this running stroller thing, I try to get everyone to run or walk with me...I have even joined a mommy group that love running strollers as much as I do. don't judge. We meet and go for a run and then go get coffee or in my case: water, green tea or iced tea. It makes working out not feel like working out and that's the best kind!

Today: 3 miles & 1 sleeping toddler

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment